Wednesday, July 15, 2015

How Do Fairies Affect Everyday Life by Constance Phillips


How Do Fairies Affect Everyday Life by Constance Phillips

Provide a Portal, Make Magic Happen
When the topic of this blogpost was presented to me – how do Fairies affect everyday life – one particular story came to mind. First, I need to give you a little background information.
When I started writing Fairyproof it was essentially an exercise. I wanted to stretch my muscles, write something different, and take a step away from the dark themes I’d been writing about. I’d seen a call for twenty-thousand words paranormal short stories, and came up with the idea of writing about a fairy who was very dependent on her powers, until she meets a man who is immune to them.
 
Later, when the book was published, it started an obsession in me. I’d always loved fairies, but now I found myself buying items that were fairy related. I planted a fairy garden, and became obsessed with the idea of fairy doors, reading up on the lore of how fairies used them to travel between dimensions and worlds.
While on a particular shopping trip, I found a fairy door that I instantly fell in love it. It was green, a color I associated with the book, and had a small moon in the center. Much to my husband’s ire, I insisted we put it up, right next to my back door, the instant we got home. The very next day, I received an offer to publish my second book – Resurrecting Harry – that I’d submitted weeks prior.

Did the fairies have something to do with it?  I like to think so.
~ Constance Phillips
 
 
 
 
After her parent's death and an unwanted proposal, fairy Monique seeks refuge in the human world, even though her brother has warned her of the dangers. She believes Hiding will be a breeze. She can control any human with a flirtatious smile and an attraction spell. Until she meets Daniel Elliot, the only human who's immune to both.
 


Constance Phillips lives in Ohio with her husband, daughter, and four canine kids where she writes contemporary romance novels and paranormal romance novels.


When not writing stories of finding and rediscovering love, Constance and her husband spend the hours planning a cross-country motorcycle trip for the not-so-distant future…if they can find a sidecar big enough for the pups.

 

Author Media Links







 

 

1 comment: